Welcome...

It seems my passion for cooking and sharing my meals has struck a cord. After receiving a few comments along the lines of "I want to eat your food", I thought it might be time to share it. The main point of this blog is to proove, once and for all, that just because you live by yourself, doesn't mean you can't eat like a Queen! So enjoy my page - dedicated to my love for "masterchefing" and sharing fabulous food and wine with my friends and loved ones!

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Beef Bourguignon - oui oui!

I have my cooking class tomorrow night which happens to be a french theme. I didn't think we could do a french night without this french classic. Of course this particular dish has been given some famous treatment of late, featuring in the Julie/Julia movie.

I started freaking out at the different recipes I had. All subtley different from each other - with some using stock, some not, some using tomato paste, some not. In the end, I decided to stay as true as I could to the frecnch tradition, even using french wine!



My one issue was after the first hour of cooking, it was tasting too "floury". After consultation with my friend Helen and my father, I added equal portions of stock and wine and to my amazement, it was fabulous!



Very saucy, very rich, and total delicious. As I told my Facebook friends - "It tasted so bloody good I want to marry myself"!

No comments:

Post a Comment