Welcome...

It seems my passion for cooking and sharing my meals has struck a cord. After receiving a few comments along the lines of "I want to eat your food", I thought it might be time to share it. The main point of this blog is to proove, once and for all, that just because you live by yourself, doesn't mean you can't eat like a Queen! So enjoy my page - dedicated to my love for "masterchefing" and sharing fabulous food and wine with my friends and loved ones!

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Back with a bang

I apologise for my break. I wasn't thinking anyone was interested in this until one of my faithfuls yelled "Update your blog" as I left work this afternoon. So, here I am and with 2 dishes to add.

First was the tried and true lemon chicken. This has been a family regular ever since my Dad decided to start cooking Chinese food many years ago. While Dad likes to deep fry his chicken, I take the healthier approach and just shallow fry it.

The secret dear readers is the sauce. Ahh, lemon sauce. Who would have thought that lemon juice, honey, chicken stock and a bit of flour could create such wonderfulness. The trick with lemon sauce - there's never enough so you have to make double! My leftovers are now stored in the freezer for next time.



And to serve.... fried rice of course!

And tonight's fare was pork with rice and veges in Chinese plum sauce. I have discovered Chinese 5 spice and I can just say what a wonderful invention it is. The taste that just a little pinch can add to a meal is truely amazing. Add that to some stock, garlic, ginger, soy and the secret ingredient plum jam, and you have a fabulous sauce. So much so I only ate half of it so I could take the rest to work for lunch tomorrow. A definite new fave!



No comments:

Post a Comment